Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Future is Bright


As a relatively new person living in Cass County, I was surprised and honored when asked to help with the interview process for winter homecoming at Harrisonville High School. I have been involved in many interviews, but never for King and Queen of a school. To my delight and hope, every single one of these young men and women were positive, involved, smart, and well groomed. It was a fun morning and I left Harrisonville High School with a renewed sense of excitement for the future of our country.
- Jane Wallace, Executive Director
Cass County Historical Society, Inc.

I truly appreciate the opportunity to be a part of the interview process.  The experience was outstanding for me because of one reason - the students. All of the candidates were very impressive regarding their character and service within their school and the community. I am proud to be a citizen of the Harrisonville and this experience gave me one more reason. Regardless of who is crowned King and Queen, all the candidates should be proud for being selected by their peers for this great honor. 
- Chris Deal, Director
Harrisonville Parks and Recreation

I appreciate greatly the opportunity to do interviews for Winter Homecoming.  Harrisonville is very fortunate to have such an impressive group of students.  It was a very difficult task given that each and every candidate was so tremendous.  What struck me most was that each of the candidates clearly saw in their future the obligation of assisting others in some way.   They each were concerned with making their school and their community a better place and that they saw themselves a necessary part of that.  Thank you for that opportunity.  I am sure I gained much more from the experience than the students did from the interviews. 
- Anonymous Interviewer


No comments:

Post a Comment