Friday, January 25, 2013

Artwork Amazes


Harrisonville High School has many outstanding things occurring on a daily basis.  Our students continually amaze me each and every day.  I could write about their accomplishments both big and small for hours. One area that always intrigues me concerns the art that students create. The pieces they make are simply amazing. Our teachers do a wonderful job rotating the pieces in the main corridor of the high school. It is not unusual to see all of us that work in the main office come out to the hallway and stare as Mrs. Chaney or Mrs. Bruns start to rotate the pieces.  Equally intriguing is seeing the name of the student who created the art.  Some of our most talented artists have never uttered a word about their amazing talent to me in any of the casual conversations we have had over the years they have been in the high school.  Further, I also love the fact that in the four years I have been here we have never once had an incident of any vandalism or damage to a single piece of student artwork. It makes me not only proud of the students who created it, but also all of the students who choose every day to admire it and respect the effort of their fellow students.
- Dr. Beavers, HHS Asst. Principal

No comments:

Post a Comment